Eligibility to aply to Teacher USA Program
- Meet the qualifications for teaching in primary or secondary schools in your home country (nationality / citizenship / legal residence).
- Have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (employed full-time) at K-12 schools outside the USA.
- Be currently employed as a teacher or (if currently not working as a teacher) have at least 2 years of full-time teaching experience within the past 8 years.
- Have a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree in either education or the academic subject field in which you intend to teach.
- Possess sufficient proficiency in the English language (Advanced, Proficient).
- Be of good reputation and character.
- Be seeking to enter the United States for the purpose of full-time teaching as a teacher of record at a primary (including pre-kindergarten) or secondary accredited educational institution in the United States pre-kindergarten teachers must teach full-time, and at the pre-kindergarten level, may teach only language immersion at an accredited host school).